ETHICAL BUSINESS CONDUCT
The role of the Board is to oversee the conduct of the Company's business, to set corporate policy and to supervise management, which is responsible to the Board for the day-to-day conduct of business.
However, given the size of the Company, all material transactions are addressed at Board level.
The Board discharges six specific responsibilities as part of its overall stewardship responsibility.
- Strategic Planning Process: Given the Company's size, the strategic plan is elaborated directly by management, with input from, and the assistance of, the Board.
- Managing Risk: The Board directly oversees most aspects of the business of the Company and thus does not require the elaboration of systems or the creation of committees to effectively monitor and manage the principal risks of all aspects of the business of the Company.
- Appointing, Training and Monitoring Senior Management: No formal system of selection, training and assessment of management has been established; however, the Board monitors management's performance, which is measured against the overall strategic plan, through reports and regular meetings with management.
- Communication Policy: It is and always has been the unwritten policy of the Board to communicate effectively with its shareholders, other stakeholders and the public generally through statutory filings and mailings, as well as news releases. The Company's shareholders are provided the opportunity to make comments to the Board by telephone or written communications, or at shareholder meetings. In addition, in August of 2007, the Board adopted a disclosure policy with the objective of ensuring that communications to the investing public about the Company are in compliance with all applicable regulatory requirements, are timely, factual and accurate, and are broadly disseminated in accordance with all applicable legal and regulatory requirements. The policy provides guidance on the disclosure of material information, a process for the review of Company documents, confidentiality requirements, and other requirements concerning press releases, designation of spokespersons, and other communication with third parties. Information relating to the Company is filed on the System for Electronic Data Analysis and Retrieval ("SEDAR") and can be accessed on the internet at www.sedar.com, as well as on the Company's website at www.noblemineralexploration.com.
- Insider Trading Policy: The Company's insider trading policy regulates trading in the Company's securities by directors, officer, employees, and certain third party contractors. The policy also imposes restrictions on the disclosure and use of material non-public information concerning the Company.
- Ensuring the Integrity of the Company's Internal Control and Management System: The Company has adopted a number of policies to assist the Board in effectively tracking and monitoring the implementation and operation of approved strategies. Such policies include a whistle-blower and complaints policy describing how to submit complaints, who manages the complaints, and how confidentiality is maintained.